Windmill Point Park is the perfect location to spend a hot Canadian summer day in our crystal clear spring-fed quarry water!
- Admissions: Click here for more details.
- Time: 9am – 9pm.
- Please Remember: We welcome friendly pets and stoop and scoop is enforced
- Life jackets are available for rent however, you may bring your own. Rules and regulations are posted around the park. Life jacket daily rental fee is $10.00. Deposit is $35.00/life jacket and $25.00 is refunded upon return of the life jacket. This is a daily rental only & must be returned at the end of the day.
If you haven’t heard, Windmill Point Park is home to a natural 12 acre spring fed quarry perfect for scubadiving, snorkeling and swimming. With water temperatures reaching 80˚F on hot summer days, our quarry’s waters are clear and temperate.
At the Quarry:
- In the middle of the quarry you’ll find a swimming platform and our new Splash Zone.
- At the bottom of the quarry you’ll find secret treasures to snorkel or scuba dive for.
- Around the quarry you’ll find a sandy beach for beach volleyball and picturesque cliffs.
Windmill Point Park has a kid-friendly playground to keep your little ones occupied all day! Join in on beachside festivities by building sandcastles, catching fish or exploring the quarry on a paddle boat!
You’ll love our nostalgic beach-side feel snack bar! Check out the snack bar after a swim and grab a burger or a hot dog! You can also cool down with a popsicle or an ice cream cone while sitting quarry side.
Windmill Point Park is the perfect location to have a romantic picnic or a family-fun lunch. We provide several charcoal BBQ stations around the quarry to use free of charge. With natural shaded areas and picnic tables and umbrellas on the beach. There are many great places to have a relaxing lunch! Don’t forget to bring your charcoal and favourite food!
Why not top-off of a romantic picnic and a lazy beach day with a couple’s paddle boat adventure around the quarry? Paddle-boating is a fun way to spend the day on the water without getting wet (or just to take a break from getting wet!). Our park is itself picturesque, offering you a scenic route for a stroll with an ice-cream cone in hand.